Installation & Validation Technician
Opportunity - An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, self- motivated, hard-working, experienced individual to join our values driven & award winning team.
The role - Reporting to the Installation & Validation Manager the Installation and Validation Engineer is a role where you can deliver and maintain cleanroom solutions in a developing and growing engineering, privately owned, business. Connect 2 Cleanrooms is rapidly emerging as a leading manufacturer and supplier of cleanrooms and contamination control products to a wide range of sectors, both in the UK and internationally.
Location - Positions available for the following locations:
- South Wales & Bristol Channel
- Mid East & Lincolnshire & Norfolk & Suffolk
- South East
The Team - You will join a team of ten in the Operations department. You will work closely with the Installation and Validation Manager and other Installation and Validation Engineer’s in providing cleanroom solutions for our UK and international customers. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with your customers and provide solutions to assist the operation of their cleanroom. You should have a qualification in engineering and a commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills. Your role will require extensive travel both in the UK (regionally) and internationally.
Job Purpose - To ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of cleanroom installations and validations are carried out to both the companies and customers’ expectations and standards so that the dual objectives of very high customer satisfaction levels and the maximisation of company profitability are simultaneously achieved.
- To undertake sufficient training for the role and comply with the companies Operational Management System (ISO 9001- 2008) and operating processes.
- To lead and ensure that all installations being performed on behalf of the customer are completed to the required specification and standards, efficiently and on time.
- To liaise with the operations team to ensure all materials and labour are available in the right place at the right time.
- To provide back up and ground support for other installation teams when personally not on site.
- To communicate and interact constructively with the Operations team and all other departments in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- To complete testing and validations of new and existing cleanrooms to the defined quality standards and procedures.
- To ensure that all documentation relevant to an installation is completed accurately and on time, by effective delegation where appropriate, including customer acceptance and production of validation report.
Education & Qualifications
- 5 GCSEs grade C, in English, Maths & Science or above (or equivalent)
- BTEC HNC or Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- MS Windows Office applications including Excel, Word andOutlook
- SME experience desirable
- Site lead experience
Knowledge & skills
- Commercial awareness
- Project and time management
- IT literate
- Plans ahead
- Responds positively to pressure
- Able to solve problems
- Well organised
- Good time manager
- Good attention to detail
- Honest and trustworthy
- Open and direct
- Prepared to challenge
- Respects other team members
- Takes the initiative
- Self motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Clear thinker
- Sets high standards
- Systematic and logical
- Good written communicator
- Good verbal communicator
- Good listener
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Full UK/EU passport with no travel restrictions
- Will require travel away from home
- Willing to undertake specialised training for cleanroom validations